Community Energy Planning Governance
Back to Governance Resources
Example: Climate Panel, Calgary, AB
Calgary’s Climate Panel, brought together and coordinated by the City, is a collaboration between industry, the community and the City. This has included representatives from the City, electric and natural gas utilities, real estate sector, and community groups among others. The Calgary Climate Panel provides advice and support for the implementation of Calgary’s Climate Resilience Strategy.
- Cross-sectoral – The Climate Panel is not a committee of City Council, rather a collaboration between key community energy capacity holders
- Action-oriented – The Climate Panel goes beyond an advisory role and facilitates action across all actors
- Regular meetings – The Climate Panel meets 3-4 times per year
- Getting to Implementation – Strategies for governance models including information and case studies.
- Implementing Sustainable Community Plans – University of Waterloo research on cross-sectoral partnerships for implementing community energy/sustainability plans.